06 March 2011

Crafty-ness

Is that even a word?
I know it's been a while since my last post, but in all honesty, I've been very boring over the last week.  Ha!  I've come home from work, snuggled on the couch with my black kitty cat, and read or watched tv.  (I'm TOTALLY addicted to The Hunger Games, by the way.  Totally addicted.)


Yesterday was a lovely day here in Philly, so I decided to head downtown to walk around and get some fresh air.  I've added another store to my "favorite stores" list -- The Paper Source.  Holy moly do they have some cool papercrafting stuff in there!!  Yesterday was the grand opening celebration of their new store on Walnut Street, and they were having demonstrations, so I decided to pop in and see what was going on.  The people who work there are so nice, and they had coffee and treats all throughout the store. 


When I arrived, I was checking out these cool templates that they have for you to make your own envelope liners.  You trace the template on nifty paper, then insert it in the envelope so that you have something totally cool and all your own!  I haven't tried it yet, but I'll definitely post pictures once I've given it a whirl.  They also had tea towels in the front of the store with their gifty stuff you can buy, and one said, "Practically Perfect in Every Way" from Mary Poppins!!  My favorite movie from when I was little!!!  It even had the font from her measuring tape!!  I almost bought it...but decided against it.  Hopefully they won't sell out quickly, because I'm defintely second-guessing my decision to put it back...


After (regrettably) putting the Mary Poppins tea towel back, I meandered into the back of the store where they were having the demonstrations, and they had a lovely woman, Linda, doing demonstrations with stamps.  It was so much fun!  She had so many creative ideas for using stamps (some of which I'd never seen before!), and she showed us all some really great ideas for making cards, favor boxes, and more!  They had raffles all day, so I was there for one of them while attending the stamps demonstration, so I put my name in.  Now, I can count on one hand how many times I've won something in my life.  Well, add this time to the list!!  I won a clear stamp pad and a "Merci" stamp!!  I was so excited!! (It's the little things :-) )


I bought flat cards and envelopes to try out my new stamp set and envelope liner templates.  How GREAT is that purple!!!  It matched my coat that I had on yesterday :-)

So, that was my day yesterday.  I'm very excited to start working with stamps again, espeically now that I have all this cool stuff to work with!  Today was a day of shredding (I did not know you could overheat a shredder...until I actually overheated mine.), straightening up, and packing a few things.  Settlement is this Friday!!  I can't believe it!!  Time just flew on by.  I know we're all so freaking sick of winter, but below are a few stitched things that are almost complete.  I haven't decided just how I'm going to do the trim work around them, but I'll be sure to post a picture when they're complete!  Both designs are from Lizzie Kate, one of my favs :-)



That's it for now!!  I'm off to finish The Hunger Games (I'm telling you - addicitve) and get ready for the week!

Remember to do something creative every day! :-)

No comments: