I told you the other day that I had a scrapbooking/papercrafting project I hoped to share with you before 2015...well, Monday night, I took the time to do it! Since it wasn't hotter than the center of the earth in my craft room (it's on the 3rd floor, and quite frankly, I've been afraid to go up there for the past 2 weeks for fear of heat exhaustion from just opening the stairway door) on Monday night, I decided there was no better time than the present to try this out.
I gathered some of my pre-cut material, including an alphabet, and went to work. This is the final result:
It's curved, since it's about to head into a travel mug. Isn't this fun?! I used some dimension, and added fun brads to attach the flowers and the "laughter" tag.
That is...until I discovered that the opening on the bottom of my mug was not conducive to shoving dimensional pieces inside.
So, I had to go with Plan B: take off the 3D cube dots (to add height to the "laugh out loud" stamped piece, and the small green tag up top), and take the brads out and exchange them with eyelets. The result is still cute as ever, but the paper got a little beat up from me trying to shove it into the mug. Major bummer. I also did not take into account that the bottom would be covered by the black piece that goes back onto the mug to seal it. Oh well.
|(nevermind my messy craft table...)|
Nonetheless, it turned out super cute, and I can't wait to use it :-)