20 April 2011

Holy Creativity, Batman!

This is just a short post to give a shout out to my friend, Angela.  She's an amazing baker, and is quite skilled at cake decorating.  Today at work we had a baby shower for another coworker, Erin, and Angela volunteered to make the cake for the occasion.  This is the masterpiece she created --

How A W E S O M E is this cake?!?!  Erin has painted an argyle pattern on the walls of the nursery, so Angela took that theme and ran with it!  I love this.  LOVE.

I mean, look at those baby blocks on top (yes, they're made of cake, too!)!! How amazing!  And the argyle around the cake layers.  Incredible.  I won't divulge how long it took dear Angela to make this cake, but suffice it to say, it took her a long time.  I think it was totally worth it, since the entire office was ooo'ing and aaah'ing over it all morning, and Erin was totally floored that Angela did this for her. 

I also hear it was beyond delicious...a vanilla and chocolate swirl pound cake.  To die for.

Thanks for letting me share these pictures, Ang -- your cakes are A M A Z I N G!!!

No comments: