12 April 2011

Today is just one of those days...

I just wish I could've stayed in bed snuggled under the covers.  It's been raining for a good part of the day, which has cooled down the temperature considerably.  Yesterday was sooooo warm for this time of year and it was glorious :-)

I found these pictures on my phone this morning while I was distracting myself from reading standard operating procedures for file management (I know this makes most of you want to stab your eyeballs out, but I live for this kind of thing.  It also makes the creative side of my brain really kick into gear when I leave work.), and even though they're Christmas (I know, I know!  Easter is right around the corner!  I get it!), I had to share them.

This is the Baby's First Christmas ornament that I made for my friend Becky's daughter, Olivia.  I haven't seen her since before Christmas, so I'm hoping I can give this to her soon so it can be on the tree every year from now on :-)  Becky hasn't even seen this yet, so this may be her sneek preview!

 Isn't this cute!!!  It's a JBW pattern from (I think) 2009.  I could be wrong on that date.  The pattern actually has 3 graphs, and I chose the lil' bear in the stocking for the front, and the one with the gingerbread man for the back.  I didn't want the back of the ornament to be plain, and I also wanted to be able to have her name stitched on there with the date, which is why I chose to stitch and finish it like this.  I used 32 count linen for the stitched area.  I charted her name and the date stitched over 1 (yes, I am that crazy).

I hope Becky and Andy like it!  I think it turned out super cute, just like their lil' Livvy ;-)

Tonight's a "snuggle under the big throw blanket with a good book" kinda night, so I'm gonna head into the other room and do just that!  Maybe I'll even have my furry black purr box to keep me company ;-)

No comments: